2009-06-19

5 More Days to Go!

Ha! Can't wait! This morning when I woke up, I took a couple of minutes just laying in bed and imagining the moment when we arrive at the Taipei airport. My Mom has promised that my family will show up and pick us up from the airport. So the airport scene would be the first encounter of Travis and my family. How fun! (Sorry, If this is not the BEST attitude I should have...I know that Travis is pretty nervous about it...)

I think I will start packing today and I'm planning on taking only two luggage with us plus two items of carry-ons. I hope the airlines haven't launched the regulation to charge for carry-ons. By the way, by any chance if anyone knows  whether I am allowed to bring a 2-oz. sanitizer (flammable) on board? I need that to fight against the swine flu germs! 

I still have some errands to run before departure, such as getting gifts for my family! What would you get as a gift for your friends outside of the States? I have few ideas in mind but I would like to hear your say! (Besides, my family might be reading this blog and I don't want to spoiled the surprise by revealing my options!)  
....................................................................................................................................................................

So Trav and I went to the Manti Pageant last night. The turnout of the crowd was pretty good concerning it was a weeknight. I was comparing the Manti one with the Nauvoo one and found the Manti one is more narrative-savvy whereas the Nauvoo one focuses more on performantive elements. I actually like Nauvoo Pageant better since it focuses only on the Saints' history in the Nauvoo period instead of attempting to encompass the entire story of LDS's migration (from New York to Utah) and the brief life of J. Smith, which the Manti pageant just did. Or maybe I'm just biased; I've always loved Nauvoo temple and the area, haha! One regret I have is that I didn't get married in Nauvoo temple but well, every temple is the Lord's house...

The Manti pageant lasted approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes. Afterwards, we took US-89 S. (about 15 miles south) to Gunnison and from there merged onto I-15 north to Provo. We were told to do so to avoid north traffic. Well, it still took us about 1 hour and 40 min. to get home. I just list this experience for the future references if somebody lives north wants to travel down to Manti to see the Pageant.     


5 comments:

The Bozemans said...

I didn't know you were leaving for Taiwan so soon! How exciting. I don't think you could take your hand sanitizer on board. David and I had to put all of our liquids in a plastic bag for our flight. Shampoo, lotion, and everything. I'm glad you had fun at the pageant, and I hope you start feeling better!

superegobear said...

Thanks Jill! Well, I think I'm gonna get some sanitizing wipes and I bet the security would let me through this way (fingers crossed)! We'll see you guys at church this Sunday though:)

Megan Gery said...

wait a minute. they're going to start charging for carry-ons too?! this is insane.
have a fun time on your trip! maybe take them a piece of americana or something unique to utah. what about a mo-tab cd? easy to transport...
I'm sure your ideas are better than mine.

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

1. My husband was soooo nervous to see my family the first time. I guess this is time for him to feel what you felt when you saw his family the first time.

2. Yes, you can bring 2 oz hand sanitizer as long as you put in a little bag they will give you in the airport.

3. You should tell me that you went to Pageant, because I only live ten minutes away (Gunnison). My friend stood me up and didn't come, but my husband still took me there. We could have seen each other.

superegobear said...

To Megan: I don't know if they would enjoy mo-tab cd as much as I do...but it's a good suggestion:)

To Jenny: NO WAY! Were you guys at the pageant on the 18th too? Actually I was thinking about you guys a bit that night but I didn't put my thought into actions. Yeah, I was really worn out (any maybe nervous too, couldn't remember) when the first time I met Travis's parents because they were having a 30-people family Christmas party!! I just couldn't remember every single relative's name...
(I can't wait to see how my husband copes with this new experience..hehe)