2009-06-02

Ah.

(Ok, I know the head title is bizarre but I am kind of speechless now so please bare with me...)
So, I got a callback from Nu Skin about a couple of days ago and I went for an interview today. I didn't think I totally bombed the interview (yeah, I made some mistakes in English grammar but that just a typical me) but I am almost 100% sure that I won't get the job. Because I told them that I will be leaving for Taiwan right after the orientation & training program for new employees, they replied that they USUALLY don't allow employees to be on leave for more than two weeks not even mention that it will be right on the first week of my employment. DARN IT! (I wasn't going to be that honest but I was required to fill out some forms before the interview; my conscience was evoked during the filing process...) 

Well, I guess that means that I just need to focus on planning out my trip now! Three more weeks to go and then I will be gone! 

I will battle with prospective employers after I get back from Taiwan. If you know anyone is hiring and you think I'm made for that particular job, please let me know!!! I will be available after July 15th!



4 comments:

The Bozemans said...

I like your title. =) Don't worry, Nu Skin will take you. If not, you will get an even better job! All you need to worry about is your trip to Taiwan. You are going to have a blast!

superegobear said...

I know! I guess my first priority is to save enough money for Taiwan. Wow, only 20 days left, hehe!! Thanks Jill, you're always quick to encourage and console me!! You're such a sweetheart!

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

I totally understand your worries. Constantly traveling really hurts, like my situation. But Provo area is not too hard to find a job. You will get one. Don't worry!

Yon can consider work in a bank as a teller. It may not have good pay but has good benefit.

Also, why don't you do some tutoring during this gap?

I wish you luck!!

superegobear said...

Hi Jenny, I've posted on some tutoring websites but haven't gotten anyone who is interested yet. Bad luck I guess. How about a teller? Yeah, I think a Japanese in my ward is working as a teller at a bank or some credit union. It sounds interesting and I will keep this option in mind, thanks so much for telling me this!!