2009-06-08

What's Cooking?


Only 15 more days to go and then I won't need to cook for 3 weeks! How exciting! Although I love making food, cooker's block would appear from time to time. These two dishes show my attempt to be a quasi-vegetarian!

Grilled Veggies 
Dressing: minced garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt & pepper to taste.
Assorted vegetables, such as zucchini, summer squash, red & yellow bell peppers, tomato, egg plant, and red onion.
Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
Brush the dressing onto veggies before grilling. Drizzle some more dressing onto the plate and garnish with mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves before serving. 

Simple Garlic Lemon Pasta
minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mixed Italian spices, thin-sliced veggies (zucchini, red & yellow pepper, carrot, and onion), and shrimp
 

4 comments:

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

The grilled veges looks so yummy.
I love all kinds of veges.
But don't you think veges here are kind of expensive?

superegobear said...

I usually go to the sunflower market (in orem) & walmart to get all the veggies I need. The veggies in these two places are fairly cheap. Eating veggies is good for us and I don't want to skimp on them just for saving money! Yeah, I do agree with you though; compare to the price in Taiwan, the veggies here are expensive!

W. David Bozeman said...

Your food is sooooo good. I had a dumpling last night after everyone left and it reminded me of our dinner a few weeks ago. Great food!

I am starting a new blog all about money and finances.

themoneymancan.blogspot.com

Thanks

superegobear said...

Hey Dave, thanks for the compliment! I will check your new blog out sometime!