2009-05-06

So the verdict is...

Well, I think I've passed it!

This morning Trav and I went to the USCIS office upon Salt Lake for an immigration interview. We were called in about half an hour behind the schedule. During the interview, there was a moment of doubt since we couldn't prove we have joint insurance, properties, investment, and so on. Yet at the end it turned out ok. The officer was not LDS (I guess, from lots of traits) and he originally came from Romania. So, if anyone else browsing my blog is about to go through the interview process, please collect as much evidence showing you and your spouse's joint status as possible. He didn't even bother to look at our wedding pictures...(I've spent at least 30 minutes to organize all of the pictures we have.)

So now I just need to wait for the card, I guess. I feel kind of surreal; I guess I will feel better when I hold the card on hand. 

Bad news is that I have a gum infection around my bottom right wisdom tooth and I can't figure out what it is going on there. I am terrified to even think about that I might need to get a dental check-up. I don't want to spend 100 bucks just for a check-up though. If I were in Taiwan, it could just cost me 7 bucks for check-up...well. Anyway, does anyone have experiences like this? Now I'm living on pain killer and oral anesthetic><

something irrelevant: The Great Value pizza at Walmart is actually quite tasty; I especially like the one with chicken, bacon, and ranch toppings. Now only 3.80 each (That leads to 1.90 per person! Quite a deal!) 

5 comments:

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

I think we have the same interviewer.

That's so great that you will get your green card soon.

I don't have that dental problem but what I know is that the price for seeing dentist is more than that. I also don't know if you can wait, if your teeth hurt so bad.

Wish you good luck!

Megan Gery said...

I'm really glad it went well for you. Sorry about your gum though. Try gargling with some warm to hot salt water. If it's swelling, that might help. But you should really see a dentist asap. hugs@

superegobear said...

Thank you both:) I think my gum problem is getting worse and I will schedule an appointment soon:( I've been having quite a bit health issue in the past year and I've gotten kind of frustrated about it. It's so nice to have you guys here to cheer me on!

The Bozemans said...

I am glad that you will probably be able to get your card! When I'm a dental hygienist, I'll be able to give you a diagnosis on your teeth. =) But for now, I'm just a student. And I'm glad to hear that that pizza is good. David and I were just looking at it last night, but we were too scared to try it. Love ya!

superegobear said...

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, Jill. If you were a dental hygienist now, I probably would know what happens to my mouth right away, haha! Thanks to Dave and you, we find a place called "Utah Valley Urgent Dental Center" who charges only 49.50 bucks for check-up. It's not a flat fee and we don't know by the end of the treatment how much more we need to pay. But it's the best we can get now. We're going in at 6:00 pm TODAY! I'm really looking forward to it since the pain has been bothering me for 6 days and I just can't take it anymore:(

We've tried two of the great value pizzas and they're not bad, really! How about that? We should have a pizza party in my house and you guys can try it out ! We still have three more in our freezer!