2009-04-21

Wonton soup


I'm so excited for the weather! High 70s would be coming soon and finally I will be able to wear short-sleeves, wandering around.  I'm gradually getting over the cold; less nose-blowing but more coughing now. Maybe I'll expose myself underneath the sun more and see if the heat would kill the germs. As the weather gets better, I get more and more excited about this summer. The excitement keeps bubbling up from my mind from time to time, reminding me of the possible upcoming trip home. I've been praying everyday for the feasibility of the trip; I really miss almost everything in Taiwan...

Finally, I finished twilight just barely (because it's due today...I need to turn it in to Provo library). I plan to start New Moon today. It's fun to read young adult novels since for me it's easier to read. I also learn so many adjectives describing different kinds of emotions and body expressions; novels have taught me a different set of vocab. compared to what I've learned through digging in the academic journals in the past. I'm slowly overcoming the fear of reading English novels:) Please recommend some other fun, readable novels to me, plz!   

Wonton soup is very easy to make. By using store-bought wonton wraps, you can save plenty of time. The stuffing here consists of fine minced ginger, minced shitaki mushroom, minced water chestnut, ground chicken thigh, and cubed shrimp. The seasonings include oyster sauce, sesame oil, pepper, corn starch, and some water used to soak the shitaki mushroom. How to fold and seal the wonton? Just put some stuffing in the center of the wrap, brush water on the edge margin of the warp and fold it in halve as a triangle. Pinch the edge to seal it well. Pick two corners on the bottom of the triangle and pinch them together. You can freeze the fresh wontons individually and it should be good for at least one week.     

4 comments:

The Bozemans said...

The weather has been beautiful, hasn't it? David and I have been taking advantage of the weather and have been gardening like mad. Well, mostly David. =) As for some book recommendations, if you like the Twilight series, you might like novels by the author Lois Duncan. I am not sure if they have her books in the library, but you should check! Love ya!

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

The wonton soup sounds so delicious. I kind of want to try it this weekend since everyone is leaving except my husband and I.

Did you grind your own meat (chicken)?

I probably will use pork and shrimp, and I may grind the pork by using food processor because the ground pork in Walmart just doesn't taste good.

Megan Gery said...

that wonton soup looks really yummy. i may have to give it a try.

superegobear said...

To Jill: Haha, I've seen Dave working so hard! I'll give it a try on your recommendation after I finish the twilight series:) Thanks a lot!

To Jenny: YES, I used food processor to grind meat. I don't trust pork here so that I used chicken instead. The trick is that don't chop the shrimp too small.

To Megan:
Please try it; it tastes so good!