2009-04-02

Forrest Gump

Ok, I think I might be the last person hasn't seen this movie until last night. Since I discovered the benefit of Provo library's movie section, I've abandoned all of other movie rental channels altogether. Just like some other libraries, you can put the movie you desire to watch on hold and then wait a couple of days to get it. I'm requesting New Moon now so that I might be able to read it in a week.  (I know I'm supposed to look for a job diligently, but, well...)

What's Forrest Gump's destiny? When his mama prompts him to think about this question, his life journey thus far has answered it. With IQ of 75, Gump has been true to himself. He tries to enjoy his life while he can and tries to help people within his ability. Through his journey, I can see God's hand in every place so that he can do what he has done. It's hilarious to see how he gets involved with several landmark historical events yet I'm even more impressed with how he either accidentally or intentionally inspires or saves others' lives. Thus, he's been an instrument of God's hand. I'm not that kind of person would relate every movie I see to the Gospel (whereas Trav is inclined to do so), but I do it on this movie naturally. Gump sticks to the talents the Lord's given to him and makes 100% out of it; I wish I could be like him (maybe not the IQ 75 part; but this character really shows everyone has different gifts and blessings designated by God).  

p.s. The only downside of using library's DVDs is; they sometimes get too scratchy so that my DVD player can't play through the whole thing:(

4 comments:

The Bozemans said...

Isn't the library video section great? David and I go there all the time. We haven't rented a movie in months; we just go to the library! That's funny how Travis relates every movie to the gospel, because David does that too! Hope to see you soon!

superegobear said...

Haha, it's comforting to know somebody other than Trav does that too!! We were watching the musical "singing in the rain" last night and as usual-the DVD player skipped the part when Kathy was dubbing for Lina:( I'm requesting for whole bunch new DVDs so that I can watch them before they become too scratched up!

拉拉 said...

我昨天看完了 the curious case of benjamin button, 也滿不錯看的, 推薦 ^^

superegobear said...

我其實一直都想看這部片耶(理由一布萊德彼特),再來就是對於劇情很好奇。來去跟市立圖書館借(可能DVD還沒出吧@@)