2009-02-21

Steamed buns & Taiwanese shrimp pancakes


I do think marriage is not easy. Before getting married, I sometimes wondered if I would be a good wife. I still ask myself the same question silently often.
I bought a package of flour mixture to make steamed buns and followed the instructions printed on its back. And the result--not very successful. I think I should have rolled out the dough thiner so that the bun wouldn't have tasted so...cakey. Anyway, I need someone to teach me how to wrap a bun in person...
The Taiwanese shrimp pancake is supposed to be an oyster pancake. Taiwanese usually puts oysters into this kind of street food. the most important things are the freshness of the seafood and the sauce. You can put any kind of seafood you like into this pancake. 
The dough:
1 cup sweet potato starch; 2/3 cup 太白粉(or corn starch); 2 1/2 water
mix them together and set aside 
The sauce
ketchup; miso paste; dark soy sauce (醬油膏, I usually don't have it in my pantry, so I just use regular soy sauce); sugar; water (I got this recipe from this blog: tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jersey-wind/)

Saute the shrimps or choice of seafood first, and then add the dough, cook for a while
add some leafy vegetables and one egg, cook till done. Drizzle the sauce freely on the top.

5 comments:

Jenny's LoVe BloG said...

Can I live with you? You are so good at cooking. Did you play in the kitchen alone? I am not good at cooking and don't like cook alone.

The Bozemans said...

Okay, can I just say that I LOVE that you put recipes on your blog! Maybe I should do that. But your recipes would still be so much better looking. Mmmm...

superegobear said...

Haha, Jenny you're very welcome to live with me!! (But your hon will hate me for that...) I usually cook alone; sometimes my husband offers his help yet I would say, "No, thanks!" I'm very preoccupied when I'm cooking. It will be harder for me to assign different tasks to Travis while cooking:)

superegobear said...

Jill! I would like to see recipes on your blog too! I'm always curious about other's kitchen and what's on their plates. I usually can learn a lot from that! I need to say I've been enjoying sitting in the marriage class with you & David. You guys always bring up very insightful comments and lots of energy!

Miriam Latour said...

Mmmmm. Looks so good. Soooo hungry.