2009-03-26

Vietnamese Rice-Noodle Salad with Grilled Beef

I am still very awake:( It's not supposed to be like this but unfortunately I took about a three-hour after-dinner nap with Trav, my sick husband. He was coughing whole night last night so that none of us got enough sleep. Well, chancy weather is a daunting thing yet it's expected in the Utah Valley. 

So, I made this salad-like meal for dinner. I saw the original recipe on this blog (Chinese) and I modified it a bit as usual: 
tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!7.m6LNuRGBIUNIf. FWf.pMZ8/article?mid=1581&prev=1608&next=398&l=f&fid=15
It served well to my cleaning-fridge purpose and saved us from a hamburger helper dinner. Way to go!

The salad dressing:
fish sauce: sugar: hot water
2               :1         :4
garlic, red chili pepper flakes, and a tablespoon (or more) lemon juice

The noodles:
Vietnamese rice noodles
shredded lettuce, shredded carrots (marinated with sugar and rice vinegar mixture; about 1:1),
fresh cilantro, and (shredded cucumber), ground peanuts for garnish 

The meat marinate:
fish sauce: sugar:oil
1               :1         :1
oyster sauce (at least two times as much as fish sauce)
garlic, about one teaspoon five spices power, and some pepper
*marinate the meat for at least one to two hours before grilling it
*make the dressing in advance and chill it in the fridge
*I only had Korean long noodles made of potato starch so I used it and it turned out pretty well. You can certainly experiment on your own. 
Mix the meat, the noodles, and the dressing right before eating. Enjoy! 


  

3 comments:

The Bozemans said...

Looks good! I envy your talent. =)

superegobear said...

Thanks Jill! Try it sometime; I think you'll love it!

拉拉 said...

Oh god, I'm drooling now, too bad you are married....... :D