2009-03-31

So, here are some updates

So finally I got my temp. work permit (good for a year) and advance parole for traveling abroad. I was so excited that when I received the advance parole a couple of days ago but realized that I might miss the interview with the USCIS officer if I go back to Taiwan in May. Ur...I think I'd better stay until I get the temp. green card. I really miss home though. (and May is probably the cheapest month to fly back to Taiwan) So I'm looking for a job now and then realize that my self-esteem is bombarded by the harsh reality and the downward economy. Well, I need to keep my chin up and keep looking...

6 comments:

Megan Gery said...

hey i'm in the job market too. it's harsh out there, huh? it'll happen for both of us, i'm sure.

The Bozemans said...

It seems like everyone is in the job market! I hope you are able to find something soon. David and I will pray for you and I will keep my eyes open for a job for you. Also, I hope you can make the interview so that you can fly to Taiwan in May and see your family. Love ya!

Miriam Latour said...

Congratulations! Good luck with finding a job. :)

superegobear said...

Good luck to all of us:) Thanks so much for all of the encouragement and I'll hang in here!

拉拉 said...

Wow, nice to know this, so I can finally see you this year, woo-hoo. Wish you luck on getting the job. ( oh you should own a restaurant, seriously. u have so much talent in it :D) Ok, waiting for your return and I'm sure I'll take you to 深坑 for the tofu.

superegobear said...

Yeah, beautyegg, we definitely need to go on a tofu date! Now I'm just hoping for a cheaper ticket...